Best Portable Dance Floors In 2021
Dancing is a crucial form of expression that can be done for fun as a hobby or done professionally as an art. One of the most important things for a dancer is where you dance because dancing on a dance floor is different from dancing on the bare floor, especially for ballet and tap dancing. To overcome those challenges, dancing floors have been on the market to help dancers enhance their skills. You could rent a dance studio for practice, but a cheaper and reliable option would be getting portable dance floors.
One of the advantages of having portable dance floors is that you can take anywhere with you and practice your heart out, and it gives you the option of personalization according to your style and taste. There are different designs, brands, and materials used in portable dance floors, and to ensure you get the best, take a look at the following review.
Our Best Picks of Portable Dance Floor
10. SnapFloors Modular Dance Floor
The slate black, SnapFloors portable dance floors come with complete 9-set interlocking panels and edging. You can turn it upside down to see how the mats snap together and interlock the edges to hold all the pieces together. Assembly is quick and easy; once laid upside down, mesh the parts, and you can get your dancing cap on.
The lightweight 3′ ×3′ panels are portable and weigh 18lbs; therefore, you are free to carry the mat and dance for practice or a show. The dance floor mat is fitted with 840 support structures per sq—Ft to withstand your demands, with the confidence that it will last long.
- No tools necessary during assembly
- The snap design allows you to customize the mat according to size and design
- The mat is waterproof and easy to clean
- Once disassembled, careful not to lose a piece, as you could forget
9. MRO Large yoga mat
It sucks when you get sore knees and elbows during yoga or meditation, which could lower your morale, but the good news is you do not have to suffer. The MRO yoga, pilates, meditation, or exercise eco-friendly mat is fitted with shock-absorbing padding that works well whether on hardwood, tile, or concrete floors. The carpet boasts a 9mm thickness, a weight of 1.04 kilograms, and 72.05×48.43×0.35 inches.
The doubled-sided anti-slip design provides excellent grip, and a unique dot design on the mat provides extra stability by preventing sliding and provides a different grip.
- The mat is for barefoot use only
- It is easy to clean the mat
- A bonus of a 100% microfiber towel and sports stretching strap is included
- It may have a factory smell, but it will disappear after a few days of fresh air and cleaning
8. SnapFloors Oak portable dance floor
Instead of getting the same old boring dance floor mats, consider the SnapFloor oak dance floor. The square oak parquet mat has a 0.5 thickness and includes 21 pieces (9 tiles and 12 edges) to give you a size of 3’×3′. The tiles and borders are joined together, bit by piece by snapping the interlocks, and you have a beautiful, sturdy dance floor by the end of it all.
The oak color gives it an exquisite taste and weighs 12.92 Pounds, hence easily portable and lightweight. Cleaning the mat is as easy as wiping it with a clean cloth and letting it out for air.
- The mat is 100% waterproof
- The mat has inbuilt support structures per Sq-Ft, making it sturdy
- It is perfect for indoor or outdoor use
- It may take some people a little while to figure out the snap-lock system.
7. Incstores dance floor
Do you wish you could practice your dance moves outside the dance studio and perfect your moves? The Incstores 3’×3′ inches dance mat is perfect for you as it is lightweight and portable, weighing 13 pounds, and is excellent for home use or at a performance or of rice anywhere.
Unlike other low-quality dance floors, the Incstores dance mar is made using premium quality materials and incorporates state-of-the-art technology that will provide steady support and not have the floor move away as you dance.
- Assembly is easy as you interlock the panels and connect the edges, and you are good to go
- The mat has a top-notch design that accommodates different dance styles
- Easy to clean
- Mishandling may occur during delivery and cause damage, but there is a warranty to cover it
6. Soozier portable dance floor
Have you ever had the urge or the need to dance but could not because there wasn’t a dance floor around, or you were not in the studio? Well, now you do not have to dim that light; you can easily dance wherever you want, thanks to the Soozier portable dance floor. The dance floor weighs 40 pounds and weighs 20lbs. It has a brown-black color that is easy to maintain and clean.
The mat has been fitted with shock-absorbing technology that helps to provide steadiness and reduce friction to eliminate sore elbows and knees.
- The dance mat is wear-resistant and water-resistant
- Assembly does not require tools; snap the panels together
- Perfect for all dance styles and moves
- The mat can only be used as a dance floor mat; for example, the mat cannot be used in the garage as it would break
5. Alvas Matlay portable dance floor
Sometimes it feels like dance mats are boxed in a particular design or color, and you wish you can change it up at times but cannot, well now, you can have the option to choose between two colors thanks to the Alvas Matlay dance mat. The reversible dance mat features two colors, black/grey, and the Matlay (Marley flooring) has a non-slip matte finish, a universal vinyl dance floor, making it suitable for all forms of dance. It weighs about 120lbs and a thickness of 0.04 inches, making it sturdy and steady.
- No assembly is necessary; you need to stretch it out and start dancing
- The mat is easy to clean; wipe with a clean cloth
- It measures 6’×4′ inches, which is a good size
- Because of the excellent material, it may be a little pricey than other dance floor mats
4. Incstores dark maple dance floor
Have you ever wished you could practice the dance moves you learned at your dance studio at home or the dance studio where you have practiced, have rotten dance floors that limit the movements you can make and how you make them? The answer lies in a click-and-lock system that the Incstores dark maple dance floor mat has incorporated to ensure that installation is easy.
The carpet gives you a DIY experience during installation and enhancing your creativity, and allowing you to play around with colors and patterns. Maintenance is easy, so is cleaning, making it easy to handle and maintain.
- It is lightweight, making it portable hence convenient for any occasion
- The mat has a size of 12’×12′, a thickness of 0.5′, and can be clipped to a larger
- The floor can get slippery when wet
3. Dancing Disc dance floor
Dancers on the go would appreciate the Dancing Disco dancing floor, as the 24-inch disc is perfect for practice, especially during a competition. The disc comes in two other sizes, 30 inches, and 16 inches, with the beauty of this baby being that it is portable and lightweight.
The premium Marley floor is a favorite for professionals and is perfect for practicing ballet moves. The dance floor is safe to use on hardwood floors. The base is handcrafted to give you a personalized feel.
- The floor has a new ultra-strong, 4-panel seat belt handle for easy transportation
- The edge of the dance floor is tapered, making it safer for traveling persons
- You can use a turning board on the dancing disc
- It has a limited number of colors available; therefore, you do not have a wide selection to choose from
2. Pole Tribe dance floor
Gaining pole confidence, tenacity and grace need a lot of practice to be that good, and the Pole Tribe dance floor will ensure you make the extra mile of practicing a breeze, whether you are a beginner or an advanced dancer. Our high-quality pole dance floor can accommodate your stilettos without the woody of them piercing or damaging your mat.
While practicing, sometimes falling is inevitable, especially as a beginner, which is why the 3.6-inch thickness comes in handy to prevent minor accidents. The size of the floor, 5ft wide, enables you to maneuver around.
- The dance floor can work with various poles, including X-pole in spinning mode, X-pole X-stage lite, among others
- The floor is lightweight and portable
- Easy to clean and maintain the mat
- The pole is intended for dance safety; therefore, it may not be noise-canceling friendly
1. Dot2Dance dance floor
If you are looking for a guaranteed original Marley dancing floor, one that is accepted worldwide as the safest surface, then the Dot2Dance dance floor is the premium quality you are looking for. The disc weighs 2 pounds, making it lightweight and easy to carry to your studio or gym.
The mat has a stable Marley front side and anon-slip backside; therefore, it can be used at home or any floor and is safe to use outside. The dance floor is safe to use for all ages and all dance skills
- You can use both sides of the mat for different purposes
- The floor has a tapered edge to help and prevent injuries when using the mat
- It is perfect for social distancing or grouped dancing for an event or show
- The manufacturer has not discounted the Dot2Dance dance floor; hence it may be a little pricey
FAQs – Best Portable Dance Floors
You have just decided to get yourself a portable dance floor, or you want to give a family member or friend a mobile dance floor to help them harness their craft, but you have no knowledge on portable dance floors. The following is an FAQ that will help you learn a few things and help you make a wise decision on what dance floor to buy
Q: What is the cost of a portable dance floor?
A: The pricing of the portable dance floor depends on the brand, design, material, and supplier, but the standard gauge of pricing is the square per foot dimensions that determine how much a dance floor will be. Before buying, consider the size first, material, and the supplier, this way, you can estimate the price by checking a couple of trusted suppliers or checking the review.
Q: Can you place a portable dance floor over a carpet?
A: Yes, you can. Most standard portable dance floors will work well even when on top of a carpet, but non-standard dance floors are bound to cause slippery accidents. To avoid such mishaps, check the material of the dance floor.
Q: What is the best floor type for a portable dance floor?
A: If you set up a permanent dance floor, then hardwood will offer to be the best option, but vinyl is the safer option for a portable dance floor. The material is lightweight, making it portable, and can support most dance types and moves.
Q: How much is the installation price for a portable dance floor?
A: Most portable dance floors are DIY projects convenient and save you some money because they are a quick and easy solution. Furthermore, the installation process is made to be non-complicated.
A portable dance floor is a dancer’s best friend as they help the dancer worry less about the dance studio being full, rotten dancing floors, and gives you space to practice anytime and anywhere. The above review is meant to make your work easier and help a wise decision regarding the quality you get. Whether you are buying the portable dance floor for yourself or someone else, be assured you will be happy with the purchase as they are from verified and trusted sources, happy shopping.